New Vector Based Logo for the Blog

When I first read we were creating a logo for our blog, this was the first thing that popped into my head. I wanted to play with a smiling mouth on the word Smile in the title of the blog. The logo is very simple, just the title of the blog with some additional simple line graphics. I also wanted to play on the original intent of the blog which was to write about certain quotes that come from some books I have read, hence the pile of books beneath the R in remember. One thing I noticed, and am not sure how to fix, is once I converted the image to a PNG from a SVG saved on the vector website I used, Method Draw, a section of the bottom book got cut out. I tried to save it again to see if it would fix it, but it still came out like this. The SVG version is complete, so I do not know what went wrong here. 

My second logo I used a stock picture of a pile of books to use as a bases for this logo. Again, book quotes are the original intention for a theme for this blog and I wanted again to use that to help portray it in a logo. Back in my sophomore or junior year of high school (about 8 years ago) when I took a computer graphics class, we used Adobe Illustrator to go create an image from tracing over it using the vector graphics. I was not able to completely be successful with refreshing my memory using the vector based art. I think the major difference is then I was using a giant iMac with a mouse and for this assignment, I am using a 13.5 in laptop with just a track pad to do the drawing. I thing I would have been able to create better work had I had a mouse to better create lines. For fun, I am going to include my vector piece from back in the day!



Comments