Class Reflection

Digital media is something I have had interest in since high school, and it was fun to re-introduce myself to it. For me, I am not entirely sure what the future will hold for me in terms of career, but I feel like digital media can play a role. I think the main thing comes in terms of allowing myself to not think so analytically, something I really learned in the ScribblerToo and Flame Painter assignments. I tried very hard in those assignments to create something that was concrete, but I found that when I just let myself "do" I created some really cool stuff! I think that this can play into my attitudes towards approaching everyday training. Focusing my attention of listening to what my body/mind needs as opposed to trying to force something that I think it needs to do when it might not be working. Another aspect of this class that I think will help me is learning the photo editing and photo taking. In the future I hope to be a professional runner, and with that will be more social media presence (ie. Instagram). In order to produce the most appealing photos to attract followers (which would be helpful if I get into product sponsoring) I may have to edit photos or take photos in the most appealing way possible. This class also taught me the importance of taking time out of ones week to do something that challenges you and pushes you out of your comfort zone. Taking an art class really is not something I have done since high school (6 years ago) and it is a skill set I have not tapped into for a while, but it brought me some joy and variance in my week as I got to do something I used to do on the daily. I hope in the future I continue to use what I learned in this class as a break from my day to day routine!

Comments