Walking a Mile in Someones Shoes- Becher's Grid Assignment


Walking a Mile in Someone Shoes

My work, inspired by the work of a Becher's grid, is composed of various types of shoes that were found in my closet. I took these photos against a white background on a wood grained floor. I adjusted each photos levels using the Levels histogram on Photoshop. The majority of the photos had a decent even spread of the histogram, and thus only minor adjustments were needed. Each photo is sized at 875 by 875 px with a 101 px boarder around the edges. While taking the photos, I decided to vary the direction of which the toes of the shoes are facing, either left or right to add variety to the piece. I think I could improve upon the arrangement of the photos, as know looking back, the bottom row has three dress shoes facing the same direction in a row. I know see it would have more of an impact and fitting with the rest of the grid had those shoe types were spread out more. 

Comments